Requests for Photos FAQs
Q: How can I obtain copies of pictures that are in the Roundup?
A: There are several ways...
- If the photo is a NASA numbered photo and
- you are a non-NASA employee or contractor or you are a member of the media, contact the JSC Media Resource Center at 281-483-4231.
- If you are requesting the photo on behalf of a NASA/JSC partner organization, such as Space Center Houston, contact the Media Resource Center at 281-483-4231, which will submit a form 246 for you.
- If you are a NASA employee or contractor, contact the NASA/JSC Photo Department at 281.483.2313
- If the photo does not list a NASA number, please contact the Roundup office at 281.483.8614 for information on contacting the image provider.
Q: How can I get copies of digital images used in the Roundup?
A: The procedures above apply to still photos/prints as well as electronic images.
Q: If I use a NASA Photo - do I need to use a photo credit?
A: Yes. Any time a NASA photographic product is used, it should be credited as follows: NASA/JSC Photo [number] photo by [John Doe]. There are no exceptions under any circumstance.
Q: What do I do if I want to use the NASA photo for an advertisement?
A: Contact Mike Gentry at 281.483.8602. Usually, a NASA lawyer will review the
image and any contract for usage. Mike can help arrange this. You may also refer
to these general rules.
The Space Center Roundup is an official publication of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas, and is published monthly by the JSC Public Affairs Office, for all space center employees. For best results with this online version, please view with Acrobat Viewer.